Our Suffolk Rehabilitation and Recovery Service (SRRS) is a community, inpatient rehabilitation service. It helps individuals based in Suffolk. The service supports people who have a severe and enduring mental illness. This is to help them to build functional living skills. This in turn enables moving from an inpatient setting to a community-based setting. Our aim being to prevent future admission.
- Service Manager Lead: Chris Baguley
- Service Contact: Telephone on 01473 322270 or 01473 322271.
15 Ribbans Park Road, Ipswich, IP3 8XL
- Service hours: This service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- What this service offers
- Access this service
- Visiting and onsite facilities
- How this service support carers including friends and family
- Urgent help
What this service offers
Our SRRS service provides care for people who have the following conditions:
- Dual diagnosis
This service provides those individuals with:
- An individualised recovery focused service supporting in a timely and supportive manner,
- Access to a comprehensive Occupational therapy programme, developing individualised support,
- Support from caring, compassionate, experienced and knowledgeable clinicians guiding towards empowered living,
- A service directed at reducing time away from their local area. Bringing service users back to family and friends,
- An individualised outreach programme. Tailored to support needs for up to 1 month following discharge,
- A seamless integration between the Integrated Discharge Team, supported housing and SRRS. This is to reduce the impact of anxiety when discharged.
SRRS also provides an outreach service for people who have been recently discharged. This provides continuity and utilises the therapeutic relationship developed during inpatient care.
Access this service
This service is for Suffolk residents who need to adjust after long stays away from their home. The service is also open as a step down from care in an acute setting.
Our Clinical Team Leader manages referrals once they are submitted. The service user is then assessed.
SRRS also manage assessments for locked rehabilitation.
Visiting and onsite facilities
Free parking is available at our Ribbans Park Road address. We also provide disabled access and toilet facilities.
Our service users prepare food and drink which is available. Drinks are available for visitors and there are local shops nearby.
How this service support carers including friends and family
SRRS provides carers, including family and friends with the following:
- A carers pack with guidance and support
- 1:1 carers sessions and a carers meeting (if there is enough demand) with the nursing team
- Carers assessments (arranged upon request)
- Specialist systemic therapy where appropriate
- Regular invitations to reviews to maintain continuity with the recovery process.
If you need advice about mental health services:
Telephone 01473 891 700 if based in Ipswich.
Telephone 01284 719 700 if based in Bury St Edmunds.
If you are a service user and are in crisis and need support urgently you can contact your service on the number which will have been provided.
Call 0808 196 3494 to speak to our 24 hour mental health crisis line called First Response.
If you are with someone who has attempted suicide, call 999 and stay with them until the ambulance arrives.
If anyone is at serious risk of harm, call 999 and ask for the police.
For non-life threatening medical situations, call NHS111 on 111.
For more information, see Help in a Crisis.