Our priorities and work towards them
On this page are the strategies that detail our current and forthcoming plans in key areas. Those strategies are below:
- Our Trust Strategy (September 2023)
- Allied Health Professionals Strategy 2019 to 2023.pdf [pdf] 7MB
- Counter Fraud Bribery and Corruption Strategy [docx] 358KB
- Digital Strategy 2020-24.pdf [pdf] 31KB
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2021-23 [pdf] 554KB - This policy is currently under review
- Estates strategy 2020 - 23 [pdf] 108KB - This policy is currently under the review
- Finance Strategy 2020-24 [pdf] 253KB
- Green Plan 2021 - 2025.docx[docx] 386KB
- Learning from deaths policy 2023 - 2025 [pdf] 212KB - This policy is currently under review
- NSFT Pathway Review Final Report June 2023.pdf [pdf] 583KB
- Our Recovery Strategy 2017 - 2022.pdf [pdf] 1MB
- People Participation Strategy 2021 - 2024.pdf[pdf] 2MB
- People Participation Strategy 2021 - 2024 Easy Read.pdf[pdf] 5MB
- Physical Health Strategy 2019 - 2022.pdf [pdf] 6MB - This policy is currently under review
- Safety Strategy 2021 - 2026 [pdf] 676KB
- Safety Strategy 2021 - 2026 - easy-read [pdf] 11MB
- Suicide Prevention Strategy 2017 - 2022.pdf [pdf] 471KB - This policy is currently under review
- Workforce and Organisational Development Strategy 2016 - 2021.pdf [pdf] 1023KB - This policy is currently under review
- Suffolk Children and Young People Emotional Wellbeing Hub Collection of Additional Information Form.docx [docx] 176KB
Independent report into mortality recording and reporting
In June 2023, an independent review was published into how data relating to deaths is processed and reported at NSFT. The review was commissioned by NHS Norfolk and Waveney, and NHS Suffolk and North East Essex integrated care boards at NSFT’s request.
We welcomed the report and have accepted its recommendations in full. A range of improvements identified by the audit team are already underway, including ensuring we have standardised reporting across NSFT for mortality, developing data sharing agreements with our partners so that all organisations in our care systems can better understand and learn from deaths, and upgrading the technology and systems our clinicians need to automatically update service user records with information from outside the Trust, for example the information shared by their GP.
We have also published an overview of our mortality data for the past five years alongside an explanatory statement.
A confidential, independent helpline is open seven days a week from 8am – 8pm, with counsellors to provide support and listen to anyone affected by the report’s publication (please note they will be unable to answer specific questions about the report or individual cases). The helpline number is: 01423 856 799.
Care Quality Commission Report February 2023
The CQC recognised the trust’s considerable progress and awarded NSFT with an improved overall rating of ‘requires improvement’. CQC inspectors noted that the trust has moved at pace since April last year and that significant improvements could be seen at all levels of the trust. Sixty per cent of individual services rated are now ‘good’ and the trust no longer has a legal warning notice relating to concerns about the quality and safety of its care. The report also describes that feedback from patients and service users was largely positive.
To view the full report from 24 February 2023 visit the CQC website.
You can also view CQC FAQs - February 2023 [docx] 901KB
Annual Report and Accounts
- NSFT Annual Report and Accounts 2022/23 [pdf] 3MB
- NSFT Quality Account 2022 to 2023 [pdf] 8MB
- Annual Report and Accounts April 2021 to March 22 [pdf] 4MB
- NSFT Quality Account 2021 to 2022 [pdf] 3MB
- Annual Report and Accounts - April 2020 to March 2021.pdf [pdf] 2MB
- NSFT Quality Account 2020 2021.pdf [pdf] 2MB
- AGM unconfirmed minutes 09 October 2020.doc [doc] 178KB
- Annual Report and Acconts 2019 to 2020.pdf [pdf] 3M
- Quality Account April 2019 to March 2020.pdf [pdf] 2MB
- Annual report and accounts April 2018 to March 2019.pdf [pdf] 11MB
- Quality account April 2018 to March 2019.pdf [pdf] 631KB
- Annual Report and Accounts 2017 to 2018.pdf [pdf] 3MB
- Quality Account 2017 to 2018.pdf [pdf] 378KB
- Annual Report and Accounts 2016 to 2017.pdf [pdf] 5MB
- Quality Account 2016 to 2017.pdf [pdf] 687KB
- Annual Report and Accounts 2015 to 2016.pdf [pdf] 2MB
- Quality Account 2015 to 2016.pdf [pdf] 861KB
- Annual Report and Accounts 2014 to 2015.pdf [pdf] 7MB