Become a Member
Your mental health trust needs your voice. Are you passionate about the people of Norfolk and Suffolk receiving the best possible care from their mental health trust? Then we need you to join our Membership. Click here to join nsft.uk/form
How Membership works
All NHS Foundation Trusts have members, who come from different constituencies.
In addition to these lawful reasons, the NHS Act 2006 sets out the legal requirements of a NHS foundation trust.
We want Members to feel valued
You will have:
Access to Health Service Discounts
- Save money at a variety of high street stores and venues
- Information and enrolment for Recovery College courses
Invitations to events across the year including:
- Meet and greets with the Governors
- Special events across both Norfolk and Suffolk
How you can make a difference
By being an important connection between us and the communities we serve. We know we don't have all the answers so we need you to help us make sure our services meet the needs of local people.
If you don't have time but want to be involved
You can still play an active part and make a difference. Read our emails, share our stories on your social media or respond to a survey. It all helps.
Why we rely on Membership
We need your feedback
Provide vital feedback by taking part in:
- Surveys, consultations, research
- Our patient involvement initiatives
Promote our work
Promote the work of the Trust in the communities we serve by:
- Sharing our great work on social media and by word of mouth
- Raising awareness and tackling stigma and discrimination around mental ill-health
- Keeping up-to-date about the Trust’s plans by reading our regular communications
Help us to be a responsive Trust
Share your experiences
Share your knowledge, experience and support by attending:
- Consultation events which help shape our plans for the future
- Council of Governors’ and Board meetings
- Annual Members’ meetings to find out about the Trusts’ work, development and research
Make sure the Council of Governors represent your views by:
- Being a champion for your community by speaking openly to us
- Be part of the democratic governance of the Trust by electing Governors to represent you
- Stand for election to join the Council of Governors
Whatever constituency you are from - staff, public, carer or service user - resigning as a member is easy. Contact the membership officer by email or post include your name and address. It is also helpful if you include a reason for your resignation and we will update your record. You can become a member again at any time.
Post: Trust Membership Office, Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust, Hellesdon Hospital, Drayton High Road, Norwich, NR6 5BE