Triangle of Care
What is the Triangle of Care?
The Triangle of Care is an alliance between service user, staff member and carer that promotes safety, supports recovery and sustains wellbeing.
The Triangle of Care - Carers Included: A Guide to Best Practice in Mental Health Care in England. 2nd ed. 2013
The Triangle of Care encourages mental health trusts to engage, include and support carers in their services. there are 56 mental health care providers in England and 32 are members of the Triangle of Care.
NSFT joined the scheme in 2014 and was awarded our second gold star in November 2018 for its ongoing commitment to being carer inclusive.
The six standards of the Triangle of Care are:
- Carers and their essential role are identified at first contact or as soon as possible thereafter
- Staff are carer aware and trained in carer engagement strategies
- Policy and practice regarding confidentiality and sharing information are in place
- Defined posts responsible for carers are in place
- A carer introduction to the service and staff is available
- A range of carer support services is available