Are you interested in a career in mental health and / or learning disabilities?
If so, our work experience / insights programme will give you the opportunity to gain valuable insights into the different roles available.
We are offering various work experience / insights opportunities in clinical and non-clinical settings.
Our virtual work experience / insights programmes are suitable for a wide age range.
Our face to face programme are age specific, over 14 years of age and above for non-clinical and 17 years of age and above for clinical opportnities.
Work experience options
Where possible we will try to arrange a 'face to face placement' with a team that compliments your work experience application and requested dates.
We also offer a 1 week (Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 15:00) 'virtual placement' opportunity during February half term, the first week of week summer holidays and October half term. This will include attending team meetings online, role specific tasks to complete, an opportunity to meet our staff and much more.
We offer an after school 1 hour 'taster session' (once a month from 16:00 to 17:00). The taster session will includes an introduction to NSFT, an overview of career options, interview insights and an opportunity to meet some of our staff.
Past work experience student work
Written reviews from previous work experience students are available to download below:
- My experience as a work experience visitor in the talent for care team at the NSFT trust.pdf [pdf] 49KB
- Work experience review.pdf [pdf] 68KB
- Work experience feedback.pdf [pdf] 83KB
What students accessing our virtual summer programme 2021 had to say
- “The experience was put together and structured well and was still interactive despite being online”
- “I found the wellbeing session very interesting and enjoyed learning about it”
- “I found the ward review very interesting as I had never experienced anything like that before. I also enjoyed spending time with the admin team who showed as what their roles were”
- “Everyone was really friendly and lovely to talk to”
How to apply
If you are interested in any of our work experience programmes please complete the application form below and return to email@example.com