What is the Discovery College?
The Discovery College offers free educational online courses and webinars on mental health topics for 16 - 25 year olds. The courses and webinars are designed so that 16 - 25 year olds can become an expert in discovering themselves and their self care alongside others their age.
You can contribute as much or as little as you feel comfortable by:
- Attending webinars and/or courses
- Optional camera/mic use
- Supporting focus groups
- Volunteering with us to deliver sessions
Who will teach the courses and webinars?
They will be guided by Peer Tutor's who may have been in a similar position, and Practitioner Tutor's who understand.
- Practitioner Tutor - a professional who uses their clinical and learned experience to deliver the session
- Peer Tutor - a student who has attended Recovery or Discovery College and uses their lived experience to deliver the session
- Volunteer Peer Tutor - could this be you?
So that we can create an offer that is really beneficial, we would like to hear from you at our focus groups. Here you will share ideas amongst people similar to your age. You will specifically be feedbacking on our courses and promotion, as well as trialling activities that will take place in courses. Your feedback will be invaluable to us. To register your interest in attending our focus groups please complete the form by clicking here.
Meet our tutors
Hope Gunn - Practitioner Tutor
I'm really looking forward to welcoming our students and grateful to be part of their experience with recovery