Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. For more information, read our Terms and Conditions.
Help in a crisis
Service Page
Back to service search

 Latest news:

 Upcoming events:

Adult Community Mental Health Services Great Yarmouth & Waveney

 What help do you offer?

​We are a health and social care community team providing assessment, treatment and support if you are over 25 and experiencing mental health issues.

We follow the principles of recovery and social inclusion and work closely with partner agencies both voluntary and statutory. We also provide carer assessments and community care assessments.

 How do I get help from your service?

​We can only take referrals from GPs so if you think you require help then please contact your family doctor. We also work with you if you have already been treated by our inpatient service.

 What hours is your service available?




 What can I expect from you?

​When you are referred to us, one of our doctors, social workers, nurses or occupational therapists assesses you. This assessment forms the basis of the treatment you receive from us, jointly decided between you and your assessor. You could require our service or else you could be signposted to a more appropriate one.

Once accepted to our service, any interventions are time limited. We hold regular reviews to enable us both to work towards your discharge planning. You may be seen at home or in a Trust building.

 What is the main address of your service?

​Northgate Hospital
Northgate Street
Great Yarmouth
NR30 1BU 

 How can I contact you?

​Call us on 01502 532100 or Great Yarmouth on 01493 337973.

You can also contact us at:
Victoria House
28 Alexandra Road
NR32 1PL.

Our service is only available to you if you have been referred to us and taken on by our team.

 What conditions do you treat?

​Severe depression
Severe anxiety
Bipolar disorder
Personality disorder

 What support do you offer carers including friends and family?

We offer assessments for carers and carers may be entitled to a personal budget to support their social care needs. We also refer to MIND, the voluntary agency, for individual or group support.​

 Clinical Team Lead

Gt Yarmouth & Waveney - Susan Stolworthy

Gt Yarmouth - Ruth Terry

Lowestoft - Cameron Thomson

 I need help urgently! Who do I call?

During office hours, call us on 01502 532100 or in Great Yarmouth on 01493 337973.