Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. For more information, read our Terms and Conditions.
Help in a crisis
Service Page
Back to service search

Youth information

For more information on mental health for children, young people, their parents and carers please see our website:

What's the deal with...

 Upcoming events:

Learning Disability Service (CAMHS) Suffolk

 What help do you offer?

We are a community based tier three service, if you are a child and young person under 18 with a learning disability and mental illness, or associated complex neurodevelopmental disorders, at high risk to yourself or others.​

 How do I get help from your service?

We accept referrals through our access and assessment service for Suffolk, from your GP or paediatrician. Referrals must be supported by evidence that you meet our eligibility criteria and prerequisites.​

 What hours is your service available?



 What can I expect from you?

You can expect a specialist assessment of your mental health. We make suggestions as to how we can help you, or whether there are other services that could offer you the best support. In some cases we help you to access mainstream services in the first instance, or other more specialist services.

Part of your assessment includes assessment of your physical health and other social, educational and environmental factors that may be affecting you. It includes working with you and those who know you well to identify any aspects that may make you unsafe or feel unsafe. You and they are involved at each step of your assessment, treatment and intervention plan and its review, to ensure you have the help needed to sustain your recovery.

If we can help, you have access to specialist learning disability nurses and a consultant psychiatrist. They can offer a range of treatment and interventions around your mental health. This includes working with you, and those who support you, at home, work, school, and in the community, in addition to medications and referrals to other services.

We may refer you to other specialist services. Sometimes you are only with us briefly, or for a few months, if your treatment and interventions plans require longer.​

 What is the main address of your service?

2nd Floor
Mariner House
43 Handford Road

 How can I contact you?

For enquiries, call 01473 237055 or fax 01473 237001.
To make a referral, call our Access and Assessment service on 0300 123 1334
or fax 0300 123 1335​

 What conditions do you treat?

Mental illness and complex neurodevelopmental disorders with high risk behaviours.​

 What support do you offer carers including friends and family?

We work with your family and carer across home, work, school, and community settings, if required. Support includes training, advice, information and education about your condition from the perspective of your mental health, in addition to signposting to other services and supporting further referrals.​

 Service manager name?

Samantha Gillings-Taylor​

 I need help urgently! Who do I call?

People already being treated by our service should call the duty worker at their IDT in office hours, or the crisis team out of hours.​