Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. For more information, read our Terms and Conditions.
Help in a crisis
Service Page
Child Family and Young Person Service West Norfolk

 What help do you offer?

​We offer specialist mental health treatment that can include the following:

  • If you are under 18, consultation and treatment with a child and adolescent psychiatrist
  • If you are over 18, consultation and treatment with an adult consultant psychiatrist

We can offer you assessment and treatment from clinical psychologists and psychotherapists offering systemic family therapy, behavioural family therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), play therapy, dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT) and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR).

We offer care coordination and case management by registered mental health practitioners who are either mental health nurses, social workers or occupational therapists as well as support from unregistered assistant practitioners.

We also have a clinician who works exclusively with looked after and adopted children (LAAC) and we have assistant psychologists who support us with research and audit.

 How do I get help from your service?

You can get help from our service by either referring yourself if you are over 14, or your parents or family can contact us on your behalf. Typically your GP would refer you, but we also accept referrals from other places that you might already have contact with such as schools or colleges.

If you have other problems such as drug or alcohol misuse, we take referrals from these agencies also. Other oganisations working with children and young people can contact us directly to request a consultation and joint assessment if appropriate.

 What hours is your service available?




 What can I expect from you?

​After referral you are offered an initial assessment from our colleagues at the Access and Assessment team. Following the assessment if they feel your needs are best met by the Child Family and Young Person Service, they pass their assessment to us and we make contact with you to set up a further appointment.

The service you receive from us depends on your individual needs. We might see you for only a short period of time, possibly as few as four to six sessions; or we might see you for a number of years.

Appointments can be at our base in King's Lynn or at a place where you would prefer to be seen. Sometimes we offer group sessions instead of individual sessions and currently these are also based in King's Lynn. Following any treatment with us, we refer you back to your GP with details of what treatment you've received. With your consent, we can also refer you on to other agencies that can offer you the right level of support. 

 What is the main address of your service?

Thurlow House
Goodwins Road
King's Lynn
PE30 5PD

 How can I contact you?

​You can contact us on 01553 736011 during office hours.

 What conditions do you treat?

Panic disorders
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Eating disorders
Bipolar disorder
Personality disorders
Symptoms related to trauma

 What support do you offer carers including friends and family?

​We offer family treatment where we deem this appropriate. This is usually systemic family therapy or else behavioural family therapy depending on your needs as a family. We also carry out carer assessments and provide information on where other support is available.

 Clinical Team Leads

​Annabella Hudson, Debbie Murrell

 I need help urgently! Who do I call?

​People already being treated by the service should call 01553 736380.