Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. For more information, read our Terms and Conditions.
Help in a crisis
Service Page
Intensive Support Team West Norfolk

 What help do you offer?

At the Intensive Support team, we provide support  for young people aged 12 to 18 if you already receive support from another mental health team. We offer help to young people with severe mental health needs in the community as an alternative to treatment as an inpatient.   ​

 How do I get help from your service?

We accept referrals from the Tier 4 inpatient unit and also from Tier 3 teams including the Youth, Eating Disorder, Under 14 and Early Intervention in Psychosis teams.  ​

 What hours is your service available?

Tuesday 08:0020:00
Wednesday 08:0020:00
Thursday 08:0020:00
Friday 08:0020:00

 What can I expect from you?

We see you either once each day or every few days depending on the severity of your condition.  We attend your home, college, school or wherever you feel most comfortable. We discuss your difficulties and find the best ways of helping your recovery. We usually support you as a young person for around 12 weeks, sometimes more and sometimes less. ​

 What is the main address of your service?

Intensive Support Team West Norfolk
Thurlow House
Goodwins Road
Kings Lynn
PE30 5DP​

 How can I contact you?

If you are interested in our service please speak to your care coordinator or consultant about treatment options. Our team is for young people already receiving support from another mental health team. We provide additional and intensive support.​

 What conditions do you treat?

We offer support with depression including low mood, sadness, crying, being anxious and worrying.  We support you if you self-harm or attempt suicide.  We offer support if you feel low in confidence and worthless if this is causing you severe mental health issues.​

 What support do you offer carers including friends and family?

Where possible we encourage you to include a friend or family member in the support available so we can discuss any issues we are concerned about.  If someone has taken on a full time carer role, or is struggling to balance their carer role with daily living, we can refer them for a carer assessment.​

 Service manager name?

​Ian Bell

 I need help urgently! Who do I call?

People already being treated by our service should call 01553 736011