Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. For more information, read our Terms and Conditions.
Help in a crisis
Service Page
Back to service search

Youth information

For more information on mental health for children, young people, their parents and carers please see our website:

What's the deal with...
Intensive Support Team Central Norfolk

 What help do you offer?

At the Intensive Support team we provide support  for young people aged 12 to 18 if you already receive support from another mental health team. We offer help to young people with severe mental health needs in the community as an alternative to treatment as an inpatient. ​

 How do I get help from your service?

We accept referrals from the Tier 4 inpatient unit and also from Tier 3 teams including the Youth, Eating Disorder, Under 14 and Early Intervention in Psychosis teams.  ​

 What hours is your service available?



 What can I expect from you?

We see you either once each day or every few days depending on the severity of your condition.  We attend your home, college, school or wherever you feel most comfortable. We discuss your difficulties and find the best ways of helping your recovery. We usually support you as a young person for around 12 weeks, sometimes more and sometimes less. ​

 What is the main address of your service?

80 St Stephens Road
NR1 3RE ​

 How can I contact you?

If you are interested in our service please speak to your care coordinator or consultant about treatment options.  Our team is for young people already receiving support from another mental health team. We provide additional and intensive support.​

 What conditions do you treat?

We offer support with depression including low mood, sadness, crying, being anxious and worrying.  We support you if you self-harm or attempt suicide.  We offer support if you feel low in confidence and worthless if this is causing you severe mental health issues.​

 What support do you offer carers including friends and family?

Where possible we encourage you to include a friend or family member in the support available so we can discuss any issues we are concerned about.  If someone has taken on a full time carer role, or is struggling to balance their carer role with daily living, we can refer them for a carer assessment.​

 Clinical Team Lead

​Clare Pratt

 I need help urgently! Who do I call?

People already being treated by our service should call 0330 058 1840.