Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. For more information, read our Terms and Conditions.
Help in a crisis
Help in a crisis

There is an emergency. I am in immediate danger or other people are in danger.

Call 999 and request an ambulance and/or police.

I am in crisis. I need support and advice urgently and I am already a Trust service user.

If you are a Trust service user you should have been given a contact number for when you are in crisis. If you cannot find this number, please contact the team you are seeing by calling them direct, or via your local Access and Assessment team in:

  • Suffolk - call 0300 123 1334

  • Central and West Norfolk - call 0300 790 0371

  • Great Yarmouth and Waveney - call 01493 337958


I am in crisis. I need support and advice urgently but I am not a Trust service user.

The following numbers are all available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year:

  • Samaritans offer confidential and non-judgemental emotional support whenever you need someone to talk to. Call 116 123

  • ChildLine offers a counselling service for children and young people. You can also call the helpline if you are an adult worried about a child. Call 0800 1111

  • FRANK provides information and advice about drugs. Call 0300 123 6600

  • NHS 111 offers urgent medical help or advice when it isn't a life-threatening situation.
    Call 111

​Norwich Mind Mental Health Support Line provides emotional support, practical person-centred guidance and a listening service for individuals living with mental health problems and those supporting them in the community. 

It is open from 4pm until midnight, Monday to Friday, and 10am until midnight at weekends and is free to call on 08088 020 288.  
The service welcomes people with a full range of mental health conditions, a range of severity, and both chronic and acute situations. It works in partnership with NSFT crisis and community mental health teams to help keep people safe. 
In order to use the service you need to: ​
  • Be in contact with an NSFT team or the Wellbeing service, or
  • Have been receiving support from them in the past 12 months, or
  • Be supporting someone who has done one of the above

Please note that due to different arrangements for people with certain diagnoses, the service is only available to people using the Wellbeing service in the Yarmouth and Waveney area, and other NSFT service users in this area should contact their care co-ordinator regarding arrangements for telephone support.   


It isn't an emergency, but I don't know who to call about my treatment or how to get help from the Trust.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health related matters for staff, patients, their families and carers.

PALS is available Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm by telephone or email:

  • Email:

  • For PALS, call 01603 421191 or BT Freephone 0800 279 7257
    Calls from mobiles and other providers may charge. If we are unable to answer, you can leave a voicemail message which we aim to respond to the next working day

It isn't an emergency, but I am really struggling to cope with low mood, anxiety or stress.

If you are experiencing low mood, stress or anxiety you can self-refer to our Wellbeing services by visiting our websites.

If you live in Suffolk, visit for information on wellbeing services available in your area or, alternatively, call 0300 123 1503.

If you live in Norfolk, visit for information on wellbeing services available in your area or, alternatively, call 0300 123 1503.

If you have more complex problems, you should visit your GP and discuss how you are feeling with them. They can refer you into our services if appropriate.

It isn't an emergency, but I am very worried about my relative or friend's mental health.

You should encourage them to go and see their GP or to contact our Wellbeing services (see above for details) if they are experiencing low mood, stress or anxiety.

If you are worried about someone who is very unwell, but it isn't an emergency, you should call NHS 111 for advice.

If you need emotional support, please contact Samaritans on 116 123​.​​